Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Migraine bonanza

It's been 364 days since my last mindfuck of a migraine. And I'm talking blind in one eye, left arm and left side of face and tongue numb, stroke-like migraine. I debated writing this blog on the near anniversary of my last big one, but I decided not to give in to superstition and even refrain from knocking on wood about this.

My last mindfuck of a migraine was so bad it sent me to the hospital. I pretty much had a panic attack from being blind in one eye for what seemed like an eternity. In reality, it was probably an hour. MRI showed no massive tumor. What I had was a migraine bonanza going off in my head. All those little blood vessels acting like little bitches.

So to what do I owe this pleasant regression in migraines? No clue. And I'm not about to go exploring the reason why. My new healthful mental lifestyle (crossfit, thanks for a better body image) and veganism (inner peace) keeps me pretty satiated. The people I am around positively reek positivity. That's infectious and apparently strong enough to beat the shit out of those blood vessels.

Do I knock on wood or do I accept that on day 365 I could actually get one of those migraine mindfucks? Since knocking on wood is self doubt, I'm going to go with the latter--and I hope you do the same in times when you are anxious, or doubting yourself. Accept what is-and what may be--but don't let it be a little bitch and mess you up. And maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to do that for a whole 364 days--and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment