Saturday, February 18, 2012

Stay away from acid, kids.

Who would have thought that vegan chocolate chip cookies would be an epic fail? What, you were expecting that the applesauce-almond milk concoction would be heavenly? Yeah, me too. Well, it's not. They taste like shit. But I guess that's okay because I really, really do not need to be eating that crap.

Acidity and Alkalinity is a topic of which I'm gaining interest. Basically, there's been a lot of research done on the body's PH. Foods are classified as either alkaline or acidic.  And americans in particular eat a ton of acidic foods (packaged foods, wheat, junk food, animal protein). So what, right? Well, without the balance, you can have a slow-forming plethora of health problems (cancers?) and/or immediate issues (heart burn, water retention, insomnia, etc.) So, my goal is to up my foods that are alkaline and try to obtain a 4:1 ratio of alkaline to acidic.

The big question is how the f am I going to do that? Not quite sure yet.

Here's a website I've been referencing for a list of foods that are alkaline and acidic http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/foods.html

I'm a big fan of balance: work/life balance, balance on the yoga mat, mental balance, balance in the swimming pool so that either my eyes are not burned out of my head or I'm not swimming in a cess pool.  So, why wouldn't balance in the body via foods be important? I'm sold.

And for the record, those disgusting vegan chocolate chip cookies are way acidic. And hot lemon water with cayenne pepper, totally alkaline!

Well, go get yourself some balance baby, and stay away from acid.

signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment