Saturday, June 23, 2012

Part 1: Freak flag

I don't really have much of a bucket list. I've never really been a risk taker.

There has been things that I've wanted to do, but fear or insecurity about what others might say has prevented me from flying my freak flag.

Yesterday,  I waved my freak flag today in a very minor way. I put pink and blue streaks in my hair (temporary, of course). I just felt like it. I always wanted to try it out, so I went for it. It was spontaneous, unlike me, and kinda neat. If I would have done this at 17 I don't think it would have mattered to me so much,seems typical for a 17 year old, but at 30, Katy perry'ing it up matters. It means that I don't give a fuck what others say or think about me. Took a long time to get here. That, my friends, is freedom.

 Go wave your freak flags, start small, then kick it up a fucking notch.







----------------> See the little bits of blue and pink?!------------------------------>

2 comments:

  1. Boo ya!! Sounds fun. And congrats on turning 30!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks woman! I'm slacking on the blog lately.

    ReplyDelete