Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rawgust 1, 2012

I'm totally copying off of Optimal Health Mama's blog today.  :)

Anyway, I'm going raw (or as raw as possible) for 30 days. That means trying a bunch of new stuff, working my way out of my comfort zone, and seeing what satiety feels like this way. It also means that I can cheat without feeling guilty. If it's not working for me, I'm going to add in what I need.

 People have asked me why I'm doing it and to tell you the truth I don't even have a good answer. I doing it mainly because I love being healthy, some of my friends are doing it,  and additionally, I need that push to try new things.  In that latter regard, day 1 has been a slam dunk.

Breakfast
Yummy in my tummy
Vitamix made..
2 small Bananas
2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1 large bunch of spinach
1 large handful of kale
10 strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
1 scoop of sunwarrior warrior blend protein powder
1/2 cup of chocolate almond milk

Snack
Mindless grazing on a trail mix with nuts, seeds, dates

Lunch
Large Salad with red peppers, sunflower seeds, a few raisins, carrots, and raw cashew italian dressing
Flaxseed Crackers..
Anyone make their own??
Raw sesame yam noodles
a few flaxseed crackers

Snack
Mindless grazing on a trail mix with nuts, seeds, and dates

Dinner
young coconut water with 1 scoop of sunwarrrior protein powder b/c I'm too stuffed to eat anything else.

So if I look over my day, it's pretty high in fat. But also pretty high in awesome. I went to Oasis Living Cuisine, a raw foodie place, and picked up the flaxseed crackers, the cashew creamy italian dressing, and the sesame yam noodles. Amazing. But most of all I'm just proud of myself that I tried this new stuff. Next on my list, their raw avocado key lime pie, and their zucchini pasta.  Apparently, what I need in my life is a spiral vegetable peeler. I looked online and the best ones are like $800. WTF.  That's a vitamix and a half.

Anyway, for day 2, I'm going to try to cut back on so many darn fats. But I have no idea what to replace with them! Share your raw meal ideas with me!! Pretty, pretty please!!!






1 comment: