Saturday, January 7, 2012

Twas the night before vegan-mas...

It's Vegan-Mas eve. In the hubs stocking was  a giant cheesesteak. In mine, was a bit of dairy, in a small dessert (which honestly couldn't compare to a fresh apple sprinkled with cinnamon and almond butter.)  For the last two weeks, I've detoxed from dairy, a mini preparatory advent.  Today taught me that that was a good decision: not too long after the dairy, I felt bloated, sluggish, and just not great and hours later, I still feel it in my stomach.

I had my brown rice protein shake this morning. Nothing to rave about (a bit like chalk-- or crap) but that's my fault for ordering the unflavored version. I'll get used to it and choke the chalk down b/c I gotta admit that I felt freakin fantastic after it.  When your ethics are in line with what you ingest, though, it's hard not to feel freakin fantastic.

Let's get one thing straight: you can be vegan and eat shitty, and carb load it up.   I'm attempting to be as raw vegan as I possibly can. I'm not going to eat cereals, breads, and frozen shit in the vegan aisle. I'm going to juice, blend, salad, and experiment.  (I will deviate once a week with homemade tomato pie, tortilla chips and salsa but even that is pretty darn healthy.)  As far as chocolate, what the hell is the substitute? Maybe I'll finally nix my chocolate need.

It's almost officially Vegan-Mas.  It's quiet, peaceful, and warm for January.  I'm happy and hopeful. The  tree is no longer up, but there's still a present to be unwrapped. I know what it is.   It's from me, to me: it's the gift of health.

Merry Vegan-mas to all and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment