Monday, January 30, 2012

Vegan Pledge Day 23: Nickelback in the hands of an angry vegan

So I'm back up in the game, little spiders. No angry vegan diatribe tonight. I'm happy, well rested, have swallowed yesterday's information and can now fully function in the world.  My apologies for the wrath of judgment I bestowed upon you yesterday.  I have this image of me up on the pulpit, sinners-in-the-hands-of-an-angry-God style. Remember that, ye catholics?

I feel good. Actually, I feel great tonight. I personally feel like I crushed it tonight at the wod. I have strength tonight, but it wasn't physical strength that I impressed myself with, it was my mental tenacity. I walked over to the stack of weights today and initially nagged at myself 'I can't do this.'  Then I stopped and forced my head to say "You CAN and you WILL."  And I did. I pushed.  When I wanted to quit, I continued; when I didn't want to pick up that bar anymore, that was the moment I squatted down to lift it up.  And puh-lease, can we talk about my kip? Saaaaa-weeet!  :)

My shoulder and neck are feeling great too.  It's pretty wonderful what physical therapy and hot yoga will do.  Maybe I'll turn that like-hate relationship with yoga into a like a bit more-hate relationship with yoga.

And speaking of yoga, that room was f'ing hot yesterday. I think we were running at about 100 degrees.  I kept inching my yoga mat back, closer to the supply closet door, where if you're lucky, a cool breeze of about 85 degrees will blow on you. The yoga pancake ass next to me was annoyed that I was eventually lateral to her, but that supply closet was my freedom. FREEEEEDOM.  I kept looking around at everyone to see if they too felt like we were in a sweat lodge, but the army of lululemoners yoga'd on on their fancy no slip mats--and me in my no name brand yoga gear on my cat-chewed yoga mat was stuck in the downward dog trenches waiting for the clock to strike 4:30.  

Well, I survived yoga, but alas, Nickelback did not survive me. Seriously, last night I had a dream that Nickelback was in a plane crash. For the record, I hate every single one of their stupid ass songs.  And apparently,  in my creative, vengeful vegan anger yesterday, my subconcious was killing Nickelback. Let's hope "this is how you remind me" died too.

Now, it would be disturbingly ironic if Nickelback was a group of vegans.

Signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment