Monday, January 9, 2012

Vegan Pledge Day 2: Not for the faint of fart

Text Message #1 from hubs: I feel bloated from all these fruits and veggies
Text Message #2: Something died in my ass

We were warned about this happening.  The first week can be a real detox, as you incorporate more and more vegetables, you expel more and more "stuff."  I, of course, am perfectly fine since I've been gearing up for this, just like roses over here....  And that's the scoop on poop.

Kudos for hubbycakes b/c he's continuing with vegan, not turned off, but rather intoxicated by the challenge (just not by the smell.) That's alright, I got nuthin but love for ya. (heavy d reference? saaaa-weet!)

I am finding myself hungrier--and I think it's a mental war (I know I'm restricting myself, so I immediately want to test that, fight against it).

This morning at work...ugh, I was just about ready to throw a fit over not having chocolate (didn't take a friend's advice to get the vegan chocolate. epic fail. next week, put on grocery list.)  And then there were all these muffins that looked so good.  And then pretzels. Vegan as they may be, still empty calories and carbs. I had a few--and felt guilty.  I was probably overzealous in nixing carbs/grains from my diet, but I am trying to be as vegan-paleo as possible. Why? B/c aside from our difference in beliefs over meat and eggs, I fly the same flag with paleo-ists over dairy, processed foods & sugars, and grains.

Until manana, friends.  

p.s. um, need a new blender. my smoothie has chunks of kale in it. when you have to eat your smoothie with a spoon, not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment