Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Vegan Pledge Day 4: Over faster than that fembot & veganphries

It's Day 4. I've had the same salad for lunch for 4 days. I'm hungry, I'm cranky, and despite what the title teases, still 100% vegan.  I have no craving for meat and dairy, but I do miss bread and the occasional sweet. You don't get it, I mean, I'm fucking cranky.  Fruit is bullshit. The larabars aren't satiating the sweet tooth.  Neither is chewing 1 raisin really, really, really slowly.

Essentially,  the honeymoon's over. I've lost the euphoria of making this lifestyle change, I no longer want to explain to people my choice with a smile on my face and hold up the "I love animals" flag, It's a pain in the ass to plan what to eat, I'm tired of chopping veggies, roasting veggies,  it's emotionally draining to think of all the tortured animals at the hands of factory farming, and it's only effing day 4.   For example, I read up on why honey is bad, oh my, seriously? I'll spare you the details, but I realize that humanity has developed a strange sense of unquestionable entitlement to this earth.  Not everything around us is for us (or for our squadron of annoying fembots), Mama Kardashian; Some things are here for themselves.   I digress. 

Dinner tonight?  Let me clearly & sarcastically excite everyone! This may knock your socks off!!!!! Well, I haven't had cruciferous vegetables in a bit, so I had some quinoa, broccoli, and marinara sauce with a side salad.  Quinoa is like little teeny tiny balls of monkey brains.  Oh and 1 (regrettably tiny) Thai vegetarian spring roll. Socks off? Thought so.*

Well, I'm not going to go through divorce proceedings with veganism, but I'm going to call to the forefront an understanding between us: some days, Kris Veganphries, you are going to annoy the piss out of me, but I'm in it for the long haul.  



*On a side note, I hope your feet smell better than Tom's All Natural Deodorant in Lemongrass Scent. Bad, bad, bad purchase. Good if you want to smell like shit though.



1 comment: